The Dog Control Act requires that:
- A person who wishes to keep more than two dogs (or in case of working dogs more than 4 dogs) on any premises must hold a kennel licence issued by
- the General Manager for the municipality in which the dogs are to be kept.
- A Notice of Intention(155 kb) must be placed in a daily local newspaper.
- The advertisement shall be similar to that shown on the form.
- An Application for a Kennel Licence(198 kb) must be lodged along with the appropriate fee at the Kentish Council or a Service
- Council’s Environmental Health Officer or Animal Control Officer may undertake an inspection of the property.
- A Kennel Licence may be issued with conditions and is for a set number and breed of dogs.
- Licences are required to be renewed annually.
for more information download the Kennel Licence Information Sheet(198 kb).